DIMO April Newsletter & Recap
Hello DIMO Community!
What a month it's been since our last newsletter. We're excited to bring you highlight-laden recap of what's been happening in the DIMO-verse. In case you want the short version, here it is:
- 📲 We shipped BOTH the iOS and Android DIMO Mobile Apps plus a bunch of new features with each. Most notably...
- 🎁 Rewards are live in the app! When you connect a car to DIMO you'll start earning rewards points! You're earning a chance to govern the future of key digital infrastructure for the mobility world.
- 📦 We delivered the first AutoPis to community members at a stellar event in NYC and we're all set to start shipping devices across the US. The next batch of devices goes out next week!
—DIMO Core Team
Monthly recap of DIMO Network growth with a focus on stats and data from the project.
The big news of the month: the first cars in Europe have been coming online! From the Canary Islands to Bergen, Norway, and from Atlantic Ocean to the Black Sea, we're seeing DIMO drivers take control of their own data.
What's the most popular car on DIMO? Glad you asked! Tesla is out in front, followed by Ford and Chevy:
📱 Product News
Product announcements and news with a focus on shipping
🎉 The DIMO Mobile app is here, and it's out on Android and Apple! 🎉
When you download and connect your car you get access to a bunch of great features, even without the hardware:
- Privacy protected location
- Add multiple vehicles from different OEMs
- Collect and store your vehicle data for diagnostics and monetization
- Earn rewards for connecting early!
And there's even more great stuff coming soon:
- Trip logging
- Keyless entry & remote unlock
- Access delegation
- Maintenance tracking
- Digital Glovebox
- Mint your car as an NFT
Everyone's favorite subject, explained.
Everyone is excited about earning rewards with DIMO, but that comes with a lot of questions too. We've provided some more information about DIMO rewards in the following blog posts:
Launching DIMO Rewards
Why does DIMO Reward Connected Cars?
📦 Shipping DIMO Hardware!
Launching AutoPis into space! Just kidding. Launching them to your doorstep.
We're doing the final checks and going to ship the next batch of devices this week! This puts us a little bit behind our planned schedule, but we should receive enough devices in May to make up for lost time.
As we have noted before, delays will not impact your rewards.
🚙 Last Ride
Some final thoughts, asks, and musings.
The release of the DIMO Mobile App is huge, and we need your help spreading the word. Please click the button below to initiate a tweet. You can press send right away or make it your own:
Keep in touch:
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DIMO_Network
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/dimonetwork
Check out our Blog: https://blog.dimo.zone/
Alex Rawitz has spent 10 years in and around startups in the crypto and IoT world, and is always looking to put these technologies to work making people’s lives better. Prior to DIMO, Alex worked with exchanges, defi protocols, and fintechs at Chainalysis. Before that he worked in sales at Servato, an IoT company in the telecom space. He started his career at a startup accelerator, The Idea Village, in New Orleans.