The Movement #4
Hello DIMO Community!
This past month was all about releasing incredible new features.
- 🛣 10 million Connected Miles: DIMO drivers have logged this massive number since we launched.
- 📱 Major App Updates: Open Vehicle ID, Glovebox, a new UI, and vehicle controls were added.
- 🖼 Vehicle IDs on Polygon: Hundreds of vehicle IDs were claimed by users in the first week of the Beta.
- 🇪🇺 More European Car Support: Peugeot/Opel (Vauxhall for UK)/DS/Citroen will show up in the Connect flow for Europe. Connect those cars!
— The DIMO Core Team
Monthly recap of DIMO Network growth with a focus on stats and data from the project
There are two metrics we're featuring this month: Connected Miles and the Odometer Leaderboard.
Since launching vehicle connectivity a few months ago, drivers have logged over 10 million Connected Miles with DIMO. It's a testament to our growing community and one passionate about their cars.
Amongst the thousands of vehicles connected, we've started tracking the first of many leaderboards (to be public soon). The Odometer Leaderboard below shows the car with the most miles from each OEM. Out in front is a BMW with 271,675 miles.
Product announcements and news with a focus on shipping
Along with a brand new UI we've introduced some important new features that lay the foundation for the next generation of apps and services built on DIMO:
- Vehicle Tab + Controls Beta: Lock and unlock your vehicle(s) from the DIMO Mobile App.
- Glovebox: Store your critical vehicle documents — Title, Registration, Insurance, Service Records, etc. — in one place.
- Open Vehicle ID Beta: Create the digital ID for your vehicle.
Open Vehicle ID Beta
While still in Beta, the Open Vehicle ID is a huge step forward for DIMO and it will eventually become one of the critical building blocks for the entire DIMO ecosystem. For the more technically inclined, you can check out the contract, or visit OpenSea to see the collection of user vehicles.
📦 Shipping DIMO Hardware!
Fresh inventory arrives next week! We'll be checking the devices and testing before starting to pack them up and send them off. We've also launched a new page with all the information you could ask for on Hardware & Shipping.
🚙 Last Ride
Some final thoughts, asks, and musings
There are some major updates to EV tax credits in the latest senate bill. Click the image of the tweet below to read a great summary. For anyone out there who drives or perhaps more importantly, owns or manages a fleet, this signals a sea change in how consumers and businesses will approach their next car purchase.
Keep in touch
Alex Rawitz has spent 10 years in and around startups in the crypto and IoT world, and is always looking to put these technologies to work making people’s lives better. Prior to DIMO, Alex worked with exchanges, defi protocols, and fintechs at Chainalysis. Before that he worked in sales at Servato, an IoT company in the telecom space. He started his career at a startup accelerator, The Idea Village, in New Orleans.