The Movement #11
Hello DIMO Community!
Two months into 2023 there is a lot to be excited about:
- 🚀 In-app wallet and vehicle sharing are live! You can onboard your friends and family and let them experience DIMO easily.
- 🚛 Through hard work with our manufacturing partners, we've been able to reduce the cost of the DIMO Device to $369! Never a better time to get started.
- 🌎 DIMO is going global through a network of authorized resellers, value added service providers, dealers, and more. Reach out to [email protected] to work with us.
🛠 Built on DIMO
💰 Book maintenance that comes to your home. New partner YourMechanic focuses on providing low cost, high-quality mobile vehicle services to your door step in over 200 US cities. To get started, click here and enter promo code DIMO at checkout, or find YourMechanic in the DIMO Mobile app under the Rewards tab.
We ended January at 5,500 connected cars, and closed February with 7,335. We have dozens of partners planning to launch in the DIMO Ecosystem, including partners across the world.
If you would like to market your automotive services to DIMO drivers, contact [email protected].
Drivers everywhere looking for services.
🚀 New Mobile Features
The DIMO in-app wallet takes away the complexity of connecting an external wallet and simplifies onboarding and vehicle pairing. If you have ever wanted to convince a friend or family member to get into web3, but they didn't see the value or found it too complicated, DIMO is the answer.
You can easily share your car in DIMO. Simply have the other party download the DIMO Mobile app and share their QR code with you. Full instructions here.
📦 DIMO Hardware
We've worked extremely hard with our partner AutoPi and suppliers to bring down the cost of manufacturing. Order devices at the reduced price below.
📈 More Manufacturers
The DIMO Foundation announced the expansion of the DIMO hardware ecosystem and the second manufacturer lined up to manufacture devices. This will bring users more choice and continue to bring down costs across the world.
🏎 Fleet Pricing
We've published official fleet pricing as more and more fleets are contacting DIMO. For large orders, we're providing custom plans to account for rollout schedules, financing options, and more. We're now working with several larger firms on +100 device rollouts.
📨 Other News
- 🗃 February's Top FAQs. We've consolidated our community's most burning questions. Read up to get your answers.
- 👨💼 DBC Codes are being deployed. Starting with odometer codes, hundreds of cars now track connected miles on DIMO. Many more codes to come.
- 🗳 DIMO Governance. New updates are regularly published to the DIMO governance hub.
- 📍 At ETHDenver? Follow the DIMO Bronco. Any attendee of the conference can follow the DIMO Bronco in the DIMO Mobile app.
Keep in touch
Subscribe to The Movement Newsletter:
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DIMO_Network
Join us on Discord: chat.dimo.zone
Check out DIMO News: https://dimo.zone/news
Alex Rawitz has spent 10 years in and around startups in the crypto and IoT world, and is always looking to put these technologies to work making people’s lives better. Prior to DIMO, Alex worked with exchanges, defi protocols, and fintechs at Chainalysis. Before that he worked in sales at Servato, an IoT company in the telecom space. He started his career at a startup accelerator, The Idea Village, in New Orleans.